Tuesday, August 4, 2015

My new Sports guy!!

There is a lot going on this summer and I find it very hard to put all these great memories into writing.  Sony has never played any sports even though he watches almost all the sports.  This year though one of his good friends at church invited him to join the church football team as they practice every Sunday from 2pm to 5pm at a nearby park.  I was surprised when he shared with me his interest in joining the team.  He has never played football before.  I was happy but also scared for his health since I know football is not an easy sport and for someone who has never played any sports before to just enter a team seemed scary.  I did not discourage him but was very excited to see my man play football.



He bought football shoes, gloves and started going for practices every Sunday.  He has gone for all the practices for the past two months and the final game is next Saturday.   He has been working out and keeping a pretty good diet for the game.   I am impressed with this guy’s dedication and hard work.  He still managed to do summer school, yard work, a lot of yard work on which I will write more and post pictures, and the many other responsibilities he has at church, home etc.  I am a very blessed woman to be his wife. 



He did come back home twice with some small injuries.  I was worried but after that he's been good.  He feels more confident.  Who thought my husband would ever get into playing football...still feels like a dream.  

Once I took the kids to the practice sessions just to show them Sony play.  It was fun watching all these big boys practicing real hard for the game.  George and Anna did enjoy seeing their dad but they were more interested in playing at the park which they saw close to the field.  So we spent the rest of the time playing at the park while Sony practiced football. 










No comments:

Post a Comment