Thursday, October 31, 2013

Prayer Time with George and Anna

I am still learning to be a good mother each day.  I am always trying to find out what is best for my children. It is important that we protect not only their bodies but also that we protect their souls from evil inclinations.  In fact protecting their souls is graver responsibility.  How do I do this is something that I am learning each day.  I have always had prayer time with George.  Since past two months I have been trying to work out a schedule.  We start off our day with the morning prayer which I use from the Divine Office.  I add songs and music to make it more interesting and lively for George.  He is a three year old and he does not sit through the whole time but I know he is watching and learning everything that I do at that time. Little Anna joins us by watching us.



He gets involved when I ask him to say a Hail Mary, or when he tells me who all does he want to pray for? He sings the songs with me sometimes or he dances to the songs.  I sometimes bring the guitar and the lit toy box he uses as his drums.  This time of prayer brings a lot of peace into my heart and helps me to carry out my chores for the day peacefully. That is why this prayer time is so important to me.



We also have another prayer time we are trying to bring into our daily routines which is offering the Mercy Chaplet at 3:00pm.  George was very good initially and we tried to have a candle lit at the picture of Divine Mercy Jesus and we begin with a song.  Few weeks later George started to get irritated and tired or he would just become very cranky.  The holy spirit made me think of this Divine Mercy Chaplet video which I watched a while ago.  One day I thought of playing the video and singing along with it instead of praying the chaplet by myself.  Surprisingly George loved this idea and each day when I tell him its time for Mercy Chaplet he runs to me telling me about the video and we watch and sing along together.  It is beautiful.  I think these prayer times together with George and Anna are really bringing a joy and peace into our family.




Here is the Mercy Chaplet video I use for the prayer time:


No comments:

Post a Comment