Monday, March 21, 2016

How do you show your love for Jesus??

Lent is a beautiful time to reflect upon the Love of Jesus for us.  It is a time to look into ourselves and as the question, "how much do I love Him?".  I have been reading the book on Mathew Kelly's latest book 'Rediscover Jesus'. Great book!!  I have not finished it yet but it has been helping me to reflect upon my relationship with Jesus everyday.

This year Lent has been truly a blessing and an entirely different experience all together.  I would say most of the difference come from children being one more year older.  Life has changed completely from last year Lent, now that I am also expecting the third baby, due in May.  As a mother every season, or every 3 to 4 months, routines, schedules, priorities etc changes since children at this young age bring so many unexpected changes.  An infant to a baby, baby to a toddler, toddler to a preschooler, then to kindergarten and new babies coming on board.  Life is pretty interesting every day.  I love it even though it can get overwhelming and tiring.  My life with my children are the best years of my life especially when they are so little.  I cherish them, every moment.  Even when it gets so hard I try to think, how short these days and years will be.  Its going to pass by so quickly before my eyes.  They are going to grow and get bigger and will be gone off to college.  I would never want to regret at that time about not having enough time spend with them when they were little.  This thought helps me to get through those very tiring and exhausting days.





Homeschooling them and having them at home with me all the time brings so much joy and peace into my life.  I learn and grow so much in my faith and in my love for Christ especially because they are with me when I wake up and through out the day until I go to bed.

George will fill my ears with his stories and imaginations from the time he wakes up.  Anna brings me all the love through her hugs and kisses.  They both draw and color so many pictures for me and in their precious voices tells me “mamma, I made this for you”.  Awww…it melts my heart every single time.  Sometimes it is 3 to 4 times a day and after a point I wish they would just stop and leave me alone but when I put some extra thinking, I realize they are really showing their love for me in the best ways they can.  Anna will make her tea and cup cakes in her little kitchen and bring them to me and waits to see the expression on my face.  I would sip through that tasty tea and yummy cup cakes and tell her that I absolutely loved it.  That’s all she wants to hear that mommy is satisfied and she made me happy.



This little guy wanted to help me wash the dishes 

Children are such joy and they teach you so many good lessons.  They make me wonder how many times I show this love for my Jesus.  Do I really love him or I just go to him when I am in need of something?  Who is Jesus to me?  Have I ever asked myself?  Jesus asked his disciples “who do you say that I am”? 



She insists that she helps me unload the dishwasher


Her tea parties and I have to sit with her while she makes me tea, cakes etc 


He is asking me and you the same question.   Who is He to us?  How much time do I spent with him?   My children take time out of their play time and other exciting things they could possibly be doing and make these lovely coloring and art works for me because they truly love me and they are thankful.  They show it to me in their little ways.  What are my little ways in loving back Jesus?  Is it by going to mass?  Is it through my personal prayer time?  Is it by doing charity?  Or is it by making sacrifices? 


Let us ask him.  Let us be with him in silence and hear him.  He will tell us.  He will reveal it to us.  This Lent I have been trying to spend at least 10 minutes in prayer with him alone.  I read the bible and just try to listen to him.  During this time I experience a kind of peace that I don’t get anywhere else.  He inspires me with many things.  He makes me feel loved and accepted.  He tells me even though many of my work go unnoticed, He is watching.  He sees all the hard work and pain.  There is no other love like His.  The one who gave up His life for you and me. 

During this Holy Week, let us show him how much we love him in the best ways we can.  


No comments:

Post a Comment