Friday, March 4, 2016

Anna's Ear Piercing

I was always scared of getting Anna's ear pierced.  I could not imagine putting my little baby girl through the pain of poking holes on her soft ears.  I am sure many moms go through this and get over it after sometime.  I guess my time to get over it was last week.

Every time we go to the mall and I pass by the store Claire's I always think twice about taking her and getting it done.  But of course I am scared and I always ask my little Anna for permission lol.  How much can a 2 year old understand about getting her ears pierced.  

Last week we took a trip to the mall after a very long time.  In fact I don't think we have gone to the mall ever since summer.  It was just a family outing and as we were walking around and I happened to pass by the store Claire's again.  As usual I stopped and asked my Anna, should I get your ears pierced?  Do you want earrings like Mammas?  To my surprise she immediately said Yes. Well, its a 2 year old's 'yes' so I thought we will take a chance and see if she will continue to say Yes until last minute.  I asked Sony and he said why not.  

In my heart I asked the Lord, is it time?  I have been always having this doubt about whether the Lord wants her ears pierced.  Sometimes I over think and I worry whether it is something worldly that I am trying to force it on my child.  But this time when she said yes and everything seemed to be going smooth I felt like Jesus was probably telling me its time.  

We went in, spoke to the girl who does the piercing.  Anna sat on a high chair.  She sat there so happily and kept smiling as if she was fully ready to do this.  I still had my doubts that she was gonna back off when the girls will hold her ears.  However, I waited to see how the Lord will take us through this time.

My precious little Anna






The girl marked her ears, and my Anna sat there like a very brave girl.  I was so impressed by her attitude.  The funniest part is right before our turn she even got to watch another baby getting her ear pierced.  When I saw that I was so sure Anna was not going to do it.  The baby was crying and she asked me why was the baby crying.  I told her that when they put the earring  it will hurt a little bit but that's okay.  She said 'Okay' haha.. My sweet Anna..  

There she sat happily and two girls held both her ears and pierced it in one shot.  Yes of course she cried for few seconds and stopped.  I have to give credit to her for staying there till the end without any hesitance.  Afterwards we got some ice cream and she was so happy.  She would keep showing off her earring to us. I guess it was the Lord's timing after all.




My heart cried with her even though it was for just few seconds. 



She is the sweetest little thing I could ever ask for in my life.  She looks so lovely with her beautiful earrings.  I am so glad finally its over and I don't ever have to go through this fear until I have another baby girl :))




Add caption




No comments:

Post a Comment