Thursday, June 25, 2015

St. Philip Neri's Feast Day

May 26th is the feast day of St. Philip Neri.  This saint is very new to me.  I came to know about this saint very recently when I saw the DVD of his movie at my friends house.  He is known to be a very humorous saint.  I have to watch the movie that was made about his life.  Anyways, the lord prompted me to recognize this saint with my children on his feast day.  I did not do anything special since I had no idea what to do. We read the little story about him from our saint book.  The children colored his picture and we prayed to him.  At the end of the day I gave them fruit snacks as a special treat for the feast day.  Who said we have to always plan and prepare so many things to celebrate a feast day.  I realized that even though it was such a simple celebration the children really enjoyed it and came to know about a new saint. The lesson learned is that never stop celebrating a feast day due to not having enough items to feast.  









No comments:

Post a Comment