Sunday, June 21, 2015

May Crowning

It is a tradition of the Catholic Church to crown the statue of Mary during the month of May.  The month of May is dedicated to Mary.  You can crown your own Mary statue at home or at church. Some have a custom of going to a shrine and crowning Mary and reciting the rosary.  

This year we were able to join our homeschooling group May Crowning. Initially I was not planning on going since I thought it would be too much for the children to sit through mass and the Mar Crowning Liturgy.  I was not too sure whether the kids will cooperate.  The Mass was at 12 pm and I was going to skip it but the Holy Spirit inspired me to get rid of all my fears of children not behaving and listening during mass.  I received a strength which was truly from the spirit to go and honor our dear heavenly mother.  We were asked to bring flowers and the Holy Spirit even made sure we had flowers ready.  The day before we had a prayer gathering at our house and one of the couples had brought me a bouquet of beautiful Tulips.  I was so humbled by this couple because never before had anyone brought flowers for me without any reason.  But the next day only I realized why Jesus brought flowers through them because he wanted His Mother to be crowned with those flowers.  

So we set forth with some beautiful yellow and pink tulips in our hands.  George and Anna were so happy and joyful when they heard they were going to give these flowers for Mary.  They cooperated with me and were so excited to go and attend mass.  See how the Lord makes everything works so beautiful when we say YES to His will. 



Too much love and excitement



The children who received first holy communion this year were the ones who brought the crown to the priest

Crowning the Mary Statue


We got there little early and I was so amazed by the way my little ones behaved through out mass and the Crowning Liturgy,  I know Mary really blessed us and the many other moms with so many little ones clinging on to them with flowers.  It was a graceful moment.  Truly blessed moment.  We went in line to offer the flowers at the Mary Statue.  The only problem was our lit Anna did not want to give her flower to Mary.. it was funny I stood there for few seconds asking her to keep it there but she wouldn't so I just carried her back to our seat.  I am sure mother Mary laughed at it too.
We processed in through the middle to offer flowers to Mary reciting the Litany of Loreto


Thanking Jesus for the wonderful opportunities he brings before us and all we need to do is move forward leaving all our fears behind and then He will be in charge.  After mass we walked back to the car and I couldn't take my eyes of my little ones, it was way too adorable to see them hold hands and walk towards the car having a conversation.  God, our father is so loving that he entrusted these two lovable humans into my care. 











No comments:

Post a Comment