Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Putting a Stop to everything

It is just fun to be with this little girl all day and see the way she works and concentrates.  She loves playing with water.  She loves bath time.  She has to sit in the bucket full of water for at least 10 minutes before she lets me give her a bath.  But it is always so hard for her to come out of bath.  She hates it when I start drying her with a towel. 

Every time I bring her into the bathroom and place her on our sink which is at least 50 years old the first thing she reaches towards is the pipe and she will show me signs and use the few words she knows to bring her the near by items so that she could play in the water.  Normally I am always in a hurry and as much as I would love to be with her and let her play in the water, the screaming from George wanting me to be with him keeps echoing in the house.  It is exactly at this moment that he would want me to read him books, or help him with whatever he is doing, or play with.  Otherwise I might have something on the stove boiling.  There is always something to do as a full time mom.  You never seem to find the time.  But sometimes I think God wants us to leave everything and just spend that moment with our children patiently and lovingly. God wants us to stop and think.  He does not want us to be running around and doing so many errands and become and very  busy and exhausted mom who barely gets time to enjoy her child.  




I spent time with my Anna as she sat on the sink and enjoyed playing with the water.  Her mind was so into it that I could see her little imaginations take off.  It was just amazing to see everything she was doing and her concentration.  I probably spent 15 minutes with her.  I put a stop to everything I was doing.   After the first 5 minutes I almost forgot about my busy day as I was just enjoying every bit of watching her. 

Afterwards I went back to doing my chores and she was content that she got to play in the water for that long.  I think sometimes it is good for us to stop everything and just go with our children when they call us to see the little joys of their little world.  







No comments:

Post a Comment