Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Food is the Key to a Man's Heart

I have been trying to cook different varieties of food this winter.  I am not an expert in cooking.  In my family my mom and sister were always the ones who did most of the cooking and I never got really involved in it.  My area of expertise was always cleaning.  I loved cleaning and making our house look very nice.  Even today I cannot really function if my house is messy so I am always picking up things and cleaning through out the day.  But cooking was something I was always scared off and never really tried doing it.  So after marriage I had to cook because I did not have a choice. I learned a little bit hear and there but then soon my parents moved in with us which made cooking again easier for me since I had mom at home all the time.  Every winter my parents would go to India and this was my opportunity to learn how to cook.  In the past winters I have cooked and fed my family but this winter I feel much more comfortable and confident in cooking.  I don't get scared like I usually did before. Hopefully it continues!!

The one who enjoys food the most in our house is Sony.  He loves eating and he loves it even more if I make something special.  I truly believe that the title of this post is absolutely true!! LOL

Braised Balsamic Chicken

Chilli Chicken

Baked Parmesan chicken


Butter chicken and Parota
Also this Winter we are trying to practice a good habit of eating together at the dining table instead of eating at different times and at scattered places.  We have been pretty much consistent in doing this for the past few months and I noticed that it really brings a unity among all of us when we sit together around the table eating. Everyone enjoyed it even more when I was able to cook something special for the meal.  Dinner time is usually more fun because Sony is home with us.  But breakfast and lunch I find it little difficult because children find it really hard to eat without the head of the family being present. haha.. I think they have learned that they need to eat at the table even when dad is not present.







It is a joy to see them both sit together and share a meal.  I have to admit that it is a very difficult task just to get them to sit there until they finish the food.  We sometimes read books to make it little easier but even that could get really chaotic.  So I am not forcing them but really encouraging them and it does work but there are those days when they don't want to and I just let them be.  It is all good when you are at least trying to build up a good habit. One step at a time!!..

Don't forget the fastest road to your man's heart :)))

1 comment: