Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Building a Command Center

I kept hearing this word "Command Center" through out the Homeschooling world of mothers.  Command Center is a place where the mom keeps all the items that are necessary for her to run the family.  Here you can stack up your planners, cook books, other books that you reads, phone, diary, calendar etc.  It is basically an area in the kitchen which helps us coordinate our day to day activities better.

This is exactly what I needed for my home.  I did not have the luxury of getting a new shelf or even an old shelf to build up my command center.  So I came up with a new idea to use the area I already have in the kitchen and make it into a small command center.



I bought these two jars you see in the pictures to hold the coins I always find all over the place.  I have another jar to put all the miscellaneous items we find around the house like pencils, safety pins, crayons etc and by the end of each month I go through them and put it in their appropriate places.  I love this place and now its a lot easier for me to plan the schedule and meals since I have my planner sitting right next to me in the kitchen.  I have a quick access to my laptop, planner etc even when I am cooking or feeding my kids.  Also when I find just few minutes while I am waiting for the food to be cooked or warmed up I can easily take the book from my book basket and finish reading a page or two.  Isn't that awesome!! I love it.

Basket I bought from a goodwill store to keep my books


I would also like to share this great resource written by a mom who is a regular writer for the Seton Magazine.  She explains how we can have a command center of our own and how to set it up step by step.  It really helped me and I still don't have everything that I want in my command center but I hope to add more items as our family increases and as I find more items in Goodwill or Thrift stores.

Here you go:


No comments:

Post a Comment