Thursday, June 26, 2014

5th Wedding Anniversary Surprises

On June 20th we celebrated our 5th year wedding anniversary.  We both still cannot believe that we have been married for 5 years.  I am not sure whether it is a good thing or bad thing lol.  It was a very memorable anniversary and due to that reason I want to record all of it here so that I can always cherish these lovely memories with my husband and children.  

Pic taken 5 years ago in Rome at the famous Trevi Fountain during our honeymoon.
Sony is not a person who buys gifts for birthdays, anniversary's or any special event like that.  We buy it for others but not for ourselves.  We might go to the city together or eat out but nothing beyond that. I am the opposite.  I love to buy cards and write long letters, or buy some surprises etc. (typical woman) See how God brings two completely different characters together!!  Anyhow for our 5th anniversary I was not planning to do anything except make a cake.  

To my surprise Sony went all out this time.  He took me to the mall and gave me a surprise Manicure and Pedicure.  He had me close my eyes while I walked over to the salon so that I wouldn't know where I was going.  When I found out where I was I resisted for a while but I did not want to make a big fuss in front of the people there. He dropped me there and took both the kids and the diaper bag and went to the kids play area.  How sweet of this man!!  I was very much impressed as I got to sit there and relax for a bit.  This is the first time he is giving me a surprise Manicure and Pedicure in our 5 years of marriage.  It was very very special.  He came back to pick me up with the kids and I expressed my gratitude for this special surprise and also for taking care of the children during that time.  I thought the surprise ended there and I was content.  I did not want anything more than that because I was very pleased by his act of love.  

Sony and George picked that color

Well, I was wrong.  He had other plans.  The next day was our anniversary and he went to work.  (teaching summer school).  Around noon a parcel comes for me. What??? A Parcel for me!!  Who would send me anything?  I know Sony will not send anything because he has never done this before.  But this man surprised me with beautiful flowers..  I don't know what to say about this.  Really words cannot explain my feelings.  This is the first time he sent me flowers.  Yes, we don't give flowers for valentines day or any other days..yeaa  I know =D  So the flowers were extra special because it was the FIRST time.  I was overjoyed seeing this. I quickly took it out and put it in the vase and placed on our dining table...it was beautiful.  




"in good ways and BAD" hahaaa

I know I would think that the party ended there but it didn't.  He came back home after work asking us to get ready.  He took us for dinner outside.  A great place, we have never been there before.  He treated us with great food and after that we went to the greatest celebration of all, Holy Mass.  We thanked our Lord for 5 beautiful years.  We went through smooth as well as rough roads but he was right by our side helping us get through every stage of it.  








All I could say was Thank You.  We cut the cake in the evening.  I had the sign of the Holy Spirit on the cake representing the role of Holy Spirit in our lives right from the beginning of our marriage. I walked the aisle on my wedding day to the World Youth Day 2008 theme song "receive the Power from the Holy Spirit" We wont be here without the third person who is the Trinity itself.  




I am so grateful to have such a great husband.  Thank you for all the great things he did to celebrate our 5th year anniversary and the things he keep doing everyday to make our family a happy place.  I asked him what is the reason why he went all out on this anniversary celebration.  He told me that it is the 5th year of our marriage and it is special that we have completed 5 years.  He also said not to expect anything like this until the 10th year anniversary..haha  My husband....he is amazing.  I am so glad that he does not do these things on a regular basis.  I know I will not appreciate or remember it as much as I did on this day.  I will always remember this day and I will look forward to the 10th one :))

No comments:

Post a Comment