Monday, February 3, 2014

Engaging a Preschooler/Toddler

How can you engage a toddler/Preschooler at home in the severe Chicago winter weather?  It is really hard when you cannot really take the kids out in the snow, wind and cold.  On top of this if you have a 5 month old with you it gets even harder. At home you still have to cook, feed and continue with your daily chores.  I tried different ideas which I found online with George and it seems working and he is enjoying it.  He does not sit through and he needs my undivided attention through out these activities.  

In the pictures I am using the ideas from Along the Alphabet Path  and few other activities from one of my favorite catholic mothers blog Shower of Roses

Teaching the letter A



A for Angel

A for Apple


Matching game








He just learned how to hold scissors

George turned 3 last October which means he will miss the yearly cut off date for school and miss a year.  I really have this desire in my heart to home school my children if it is God's will.  I enrolled George in the  Seton Homeschool program for preschool this past summer. Even though I have not officially started teaching him, I do try to introduce this concept of sitting with him and teaching him little bit here and there.   
Puzzle time




Apple Activity


Snack time


I looked through the internet, read several other catholic moms blogs and came up with many ideas to entertain my George.  It is amazing how many great things mothers do for their children.I am so amazed at how much they invest in their children in raising them up to be a saint.  I hope and pray to get to that level one day.

Making a wrist band





I love to introduce children to books a lot.  I started reading books to George from when he was just few months old.  He loves listening and enjoys looking through the pics.






No comments:

Post a Comment