Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Christmas Memories 2016

As I look back at these pictures from the last Advent and Christmas, I feel joy and sorrow at the same time.  I feel joy remembering the time I got to spent with my family building traditions and memories. But I feel sorrow knowing that these days will not last very long and soon my little ones will all be grown and gone.  I know life works that way and I just have to accept it.  I like the fact that I am able to enjoy this moment to the full knowing that it wont last very long.  I think that's what makes me want to do more with my children and spend all the time I can with them. 









When I think about my children I know these are the moments that will remain with them forever.  I still remember how much I cherish the memories I still hold on to from my childhood Christmas.  Those are the fondest memories of all.  I still have the taste of the plum cake my mom would make at home and the homemade wine.  I recall my brother cutting off branches to make our very own Christmas tree.  The manger was made from scratch. We would built a big crib using wood, twigs and hay.  I wish I could go back in time to just have it one more time.

Now here I am making those great memories for my children.  When they think of home these pictures will come to their mind.  The Christmas cookies and the decorations they put up with their dad, the Christmas cards they made, the ornaments they painted, the lights, the blessing of the Christmas tree, our morning prayers and Jesse tree ornaments, Baby Jesus and the sacrifice manger, the gingerbread house and the gifts.















I could see them both going and looking at the manger set and the small christmas village we had multiple times a day.  So much curiosity around this table.





They would put together this Lego manger set in so many different ways.  Each time I could see their imaginations coming true.  They could sit and do this all day just rearranging the nativity scene :)  I hope Lord will give us many more years to celebrate his birthday in our little home with the little ones we have.







No comments:

Post a Comment