Tuesday, September 13, 2016

2016 Summer filled with events

This summer has been filled with so many events. Here is a highlight of few of the many events from this summer. 

Joe's Wedding

One of the major and important events was my youngest brothers wedding which happened to be the last wedding in my family.  It was a well organized happy wedding.  It happened to be on June 12, just three weeks after I gave birth to my baby Mary.  I was well prepared and planned from before pregnancy to be ready to run around before and during the wedding.  By God's grace I was able to do everything just like I wanted to with a 3 week old in my hand.  We had planned a surprise family dance for my brother.  I started practicing the dance one week after my delivery.  It was fun at the same time difficult for my body since I had just gone through labor.  But at the end everything came together and we had such a great time surprising my brother and his wife with our dance.  

It was a beautiful wedding with many people, especially family members coming from all over the world.  I can't believe my little brother is married.  I happened to be the bridesmaid at the wedding which made it more fun and joyful.  I had to go several times in between the wedding ceremony to feed the baby lol.   



Family outing

A week after the wedding my whole family went out to the city to celebrate our family reunion. My Mary got to go to the city at one month old.  Isn't she one smart lucky girl!! I was little worried about taking a newborn to the city but she did perfectly fine.  We blocked out the second floor of the Mcdonalds in the city just for us to hang out and eat.  It was a great time.  It happened to be our 7th wedding anniversary that day so we got to cut a cake and celebrate it with everyone.
 



Family reunion in our backyard

Our family is spread all across the world.  We don't get to hang out together very often.  Last time we hung out was two years ago as a whole family.  So this time since both my brothers came for the wedding from India and Singapore, we tried our best to make the most out of it by coming together few times.  We had BBQ in our backyard which gave some time to reunite with my family members.



My parents with the youngest two grandchildren.  Mary (one month old  and Thomas two months old)

Visit to St Therese's Shrine

We went with my oldest brother and family to the St. Therese's shrine before they left for Singapore after their short vacation here.  It is spiritually uplifting to be at this place.  They have an exhibit there of St Therese.  We got to spent some time in prayer and learned more about the saint from the exhibit.  A very beautiful experience.









St Thomas Feast Day

 St Thomas feast day is huge in our Syro Malabar church since he is our founding father.  We all wear our best traditional Indian clothes on this day and we have the longest mass which is concluded with a procession around the neighborhood with colorful traditional umbrellas and bands.  We feel like we went back to our homeland Kerala (state in India).  A proud moment for an Easter Syro Malabar Catholic.




No comments:

Post a Comment