Friday, October 23, 2015

A Recap of Summer 2015

It is hard to believe that Summer is over.  All those beautiful days of freedom both for me and children are gone.  It was such a relief to send the children out not worrying about what they were wearing, not checking what shoes they put on and not counting the minutes of how long they have been outside.  I love the summer weather.  Hey I grew up in India so how I can I not love this hot weather.  This summer I made sure that we stayed outside as much as we can because I totally hated last winter especially keeping a hyper restless 4 year old inside the house.  I would say this was a summer that I gave full freedom to my children for being outside.  In fact, that's all they did.  We did not have any routine or schedule.  It is difficult to go back and remember everything we did but I am so glad I took pictures of most of the stuff we did and I hope to include all of it here so that I can always look back to this post on what we did during summer 2015.




George and Anna spend a lot of time riding their bikes.   This summer we got George his first new bicycle.  We were not planning on but he did not give me any sleep for almost two weeks that finally we just decided to go buy one from Wal-mart.  We were just waiting to see if we could get a used one and not spend money on a new bike.  But it all worked out at the end because George loved it and he used it to the maximum in the few months he had to be outside.   We did not even have to teach him, he picked it up on his own, with training wheels. 





 We also did plenty of park time.  Since now Anna can walk and run side by side with George it was fun to watch both of them play together in the park.  Anna’s favorite spot is the swing though.  Once she gets on it there is no coming out of it.  We had to take her home most of the time in tears since she wouldn’t leave the swing.
 









We tried going to mass every day.  The best part of our lives is when we can receive our Lord into our hearts every day.  Also the best gift we can give our children is to take them to Jesus as often as we can. 





We had pool time not a lot but just enough to enjoy.  We also borrowed my friend fire pit and had evening fire in the backyard.  This was one of my favorite parts.  I loved being outside with the fire pit, playing guitar and singing some praise songs worshiping the Lord. 








We had a lot of yard work done in the beginning of summer.  All credit goes to my wonderful husband for making our backyard look so nice.  He did a lot of hard manual labor, loading up mulch in the van and bringing it home to the backyard.  He had to do several loads to finally fill up the back side of our yard and the garden area.  It looked beautiful and due to that we did not have to fear any mosquitoes because he cleared up all the dense areas by pulling out all the extra lilies we had. 




As usual I planted the seeds in my vegetable garden in late May and here are the fruits of my garden work by July. I love gardening but its getting harder now that I have the two little ones following me around wanting to know everything I do.  George actually helped me plant the seed and was a very good learning experience for him to see them grow.




Along with all the outdoor activities they did not forget to play every minute they got inside also.  We had several nature walks and exploring the backyard, playing in the rain puddles.  What a fun summer and even though it is over so many memories to cherish during winter.  I still have not covered everything we did this summer but half of it is included here.  I hope to post more of our summer adventures especially meeting Pope Francis in the coming days.







Exploring a sakaida



No comments:

Post a Comment