Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Hobbit Hole Birthday Cake


On March 28th, we celebrated Sony's 34th birthday with a Hobbit Hole Cake.  Last year I had made him a Lord of the Ring cake.  This year I have been looking forward to making this hobbit hole cake for my Hobbit lover.  I know these fun cakes are meant for children but I know myself or Sony never got such kind of cakes for our birthdays growing up so I really wanted to make him feel special by making this cake.  He greatly enjoyed seeing the details in it.  I loved making it too.  


 We started our day with homemade waffles and bacon for breakfast.



I made butter chicken, a north Indian dish for lunch and we ate it with some parattas. (Indian bread)


 

After lunch I started preparing the cake.  It did take a long time to make it look like a hobbit hole but it was definitely worth the hard work.
















We went out for dinner as a birthday special.





No comments:

Post a Comment